Thank you for looking through my website. I offer a few different services but if you are looking for an interior decorator, here is the “standard” procedure:
1. Initial Contact : You “contact me” through my website, e-mail, or social media. We discuss the space you want to work on , your budget, and any questions you may have about working with me. You want our personalities to mesh well. If you are hesitant for any reason, don’t ignore that feeling and find someone who makes you comfortable. I also send over a contract so you to have plenty of time to look over it before you sign.
2. Design Consultation : I would prefer to do this in your home for up to two hours . I walk around your entire home to feel out the space and flow. I also ask a lot of questions about your “wants” and daily routine. We discuss how you use the room and your “must-change priorities” and how our scheduling will work.
3. Contractor Consultation: If you have your own or plan on DIYing, please let me know ahead of time. Elizabeth Bixler Designs is not responsible for finding your contractor or sub-contractors,but I will meet them to go over designs with you. If you do not have a budget, this would be the point I help you create one. Your contractor will send you a separate invoice of charges. You will be paying them.
4. Signing of Contract and 1st payment due: You feel comfortable with the budget and timeline. Now it is time to sign the contract. For fixed fees, you will pay half up front and half at the end of project. Now we can start picking out materials and having fun! For hourly rates, I will bill you on the 15th of every month.
5. Design mock-ups. I will design you a mock-up and cost-estimate based on everything you have told me. From there, we can change materials, patterns, etc. Some clients like shopping with me and some do not have time so I bring them samples. Let me know what you prefer, and we can do either. I also love repurposing furniture so please let me know if this is something you want.
6. Renovation Time! As the contractors work, I will be there from time to time over seeing what is going on and address and concerns you may have.
7. Budget review. I present you with a few checklists and budget reviews to make sure everything is on track.Sometimes there are unexpected expenses once demo happens. We want to make sure we have enough wiggle room as possible for any mishaps while making sure you get everything you want within your budget.
9. Final Walk-through . We want to make sure everything is to your liking so if you notice anything, this would be the last time to tell me.
10. Closure . After you love the house, you will receive a final invoice and a project folder with all the materials we used for future reference.
How much do I charge?
One time Consultation Fee (non-refundable) : $150 – for up to 2 hours in home .
Design Boards : $50 each room with 2 free revisions . $25 each revision after.
Fixed Fee: Preferable for small remodels. This is usually 10% of budget. Half up front and other half after project is complete.
Hourly: Preferable for many rooms or elevation changes. This charge will be based on driving time, working on mood board time, picking out materials, personal shopping, meetings, space planning, ceiling and lighting plan, work time creating 3d drawings and color visualizers if you wish. You will be invoiced around the 15th of every month, but can ask current charges at any time.
I prefer to decorate in Georgia.
Trying to sell your home fast? Staged homes normally sell quicker than un-staged homes. Send me pictures of your home, and we can schedule a meeting of what needs to stay, added, or go.
CUSTOM FURNITURE FLIPPING
Want to turn your old dated furniture new? I can help! Please “contact” me and be sure to send a picture of your piece and looks you love.
How much do I charge?
This really depends on the size of the piece and look you want. It can range from $100-$1000.